Neighbourhood Development Plan Financial Information
steps 4 & 5 in the lsit above.
THE FORMAL [REGULATION 14] CONSULTATION ON THE CHELPIN PLAN HAS NOW CLOSED.
The Steering Group would like to thank everyone who responded for their contribution. Nearly 25% of households submitted a comment, which is a great result for a public consultation.
Comments will be considered at the next meeting of the Steering Group on Wednesday, September 16th - see notice below.
Why a Neighbourhood Plan now?
For 7-8 years now the Government has been trying to persuade local governing bodies to create a Neighbourhood Planning document that would define how the local community would like to see developments managed in their area. Chelmondiston PC did consider this but the cost at that time was thought to be too high (particularly due to the need for a local referendum and formal inspection), and instead it was decided to create a Village Development Framework (VDF - see link) document, which Babergh promised would be officially incorporated into the Planning documentation suite. In 2016 the VDF was completed, and 2017 was spent trying to get BDC to adopt the document, but this process has been delayed with no indication of when progress might be made. Given this lack of success the only option now available to give the community some control on developments in the Parish is to create a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) for Chelmondiston & Pin Mill as quickly as possible. The data gathered for the VDF will be used as the basis for this NDP.
- Apply for ‘Area Designation’. [By this step the District Council formally record their agreement on the geographical area for which the plan will be written. ] - COMPLETED
- Create a Draft Plan [Includes as much informal consultation with the community as possible.] - COMPLETED
- Formally consult with the local Community on the Draft Plan. [The consultation period has to be for a minimum of 6 weeks. The consultation has to be with all interested parties, including all those who live, work and operate a business within the designated area. The consultation has to include instructions on: Where to access the draft plan, How to make comments, and by When comments must be submitted.] - COMPLETED.
- Amend the draft plan based on comments obtained in step 3.
- Submit the revised draft to the local District Council [Babergh DC in our instance.]
- BDC organise a (2nd) formal consultation.
- BDC gather responses from step 6 and send these, together with the draft from step 5, to an independent examiner for review. [The Steering Group should choose who this examiner is.]
- The Examiner reviews the package from 7 and will suggest some changes be made to the draft text. [The Examiner checks that the plan provides for sustainable development, and is in line with the planning strategies as defined in the NPPF, the District Council Local Plan (draft Plan and accompanying report) along with EU directives.]
- The District Council (BDC) amend the text as directed in 8, and organise a referendum of interested parties within the designated area. [This is a simple majority vote.]
- If there is a ‘Yes’ vote in the referendum, BDC have to adopt the Plan as part of their documentary Planning Suite.
Crucial to the success of the process is overt public consultation. Meeting minutes and other documents will be posted here during the project to assist this.
- Terms of Reference for Project Steering Group - download
- Minutes of 1st Steering Group meeting on May 3rd 2018 - download
- Minutes of the 2nd Steering Group meeting on June 14th 2018 - download
- Minutes of the 3rd Steering Group meeting on September 6th 2018 - download
- Minutes of the 4th Steering Group meeting on October 16th 2018 - download
- Minutes of the 5th Steering Group meeting on January 31st 2019 - download
- Exhibition Posters from 18th March 2019 - download
- Notes of the 6th Steering Group meeting on April 4th 2019 - download
- Summary of Responses to March 2019 'Informal Consultation' - download
- Notes of the 7th Steering Group meeting on July 17th 2019 - download
- Notes of the 8th Steering Group meeting on September 5th 2019 - download
- Notes of the 9th Steering Group meeting on 8th January 2020 - download
- Notes of the 10th Steering Group meeting on 10th June 2020 - download
- Notes of the 11th Steering Group meeting on 15th July 2020 - download
The next meeting of the Steering Group will be on Wednesday, September 16th @ 19:00. Due to COVID19 restrictions this will be a Zoom videoconference. Meeting ID = 822-3359-5978. Password = 469965.
For further information please contact the Steering Group
For the latest version of the Plan please view the link.